I'm joining in again over at Kelly’s Korner. I have had so much fun with these blog hops. Today is Vacation Spots. Honduras is my favorite place on earth. I've been blessed to go there several times. I've only been there specifically for vacation once, the other times have been mission trips. We worked in Tegucigalpa for 2 weeks each time and then spent a few days in Roatan, one of the bay islands off the coast in the Caribbean sea. Chris hasn't been there and I can't wait to take him! You might say to yourself, this is not much of a vacation, but I always come back so refreshed and relaxed with a renewed sense of where I'm going and what I want to do with my life.
All the girls from the trip, the teenagers and the adult chaperons. I love you all!
We build houses for families in the communities. On this trip, we built 10 houses in 12 days.
This is the sweet lady and one of her many children that will live here in front of the finished house. Notice there is no floor. This is basically a one room shack, but the people are always so grateful. I always come back with such a sense of not needing as much stuff.





I Love your pictures! I worked in an orphanage in Guiamaca - about an hour from Tegucigalpa for about 3 months after I graduated college. Unfortunately, I never got to go to the coast, but I have heard that it is beautiful! I love this country!
I enjoyed seeing your pictures! I also have visited Roatan and it is truly beautiful. My uncle works in Tegucigalpa and I would love to visit him there one day...
xo,
annie