And yet I don't. In the past I have always disliked them. I'm kind of a germ-a-phobe. I don't like digging through other people's dirty, stinky, yucky rejects. I'm always amazed that you go to a sale and you see torn or stained clothes with a $3 price tag. NOBODY wants damaged clothes. From 1982. Not even for a quarter. That being said, Raechel was posting so many good finds, that it inspired me to give it another try. And I've learned a lot this summer. If you pick and choose the neighborhoods you want to go to, you can find quite a few nifty little treasures. For Example:
$5.00 - This only retails for around $30, but it was brand new, still had the plastic wrapped around it with the bubble wrap inside the box and I was planning on buying one before Thanksgiving this year anyways, so I went for it. That's a savings of $25.
$5.00 - I got this lovely apothecary jar that I immediately put on my mantel. Again, $5 is a little steep for a garage sale, but I was going to buy one from Pottery Barn anyways, and would have had to pay at least $50, so I consider it a steal!!!!!
$0.25 - I got this darling little turquoise (we all know how I love it) dress. I know I don't have a daughter yet, but I can dream can't I??? I want her to wear it with a pair of these Baby Legs. (no news on the baby front, still in the 2WW)
$3.00 - This is a full size wicker chair that will go perfectly in the guest room that I have set up for my niece. I didn't even have to bargain, she had it priced at $3. I'm going to spray paint it purple and recover the cushions in some funky fabric.
And the best deal that I got, sorry no picture, was an end table. I went to an "estate sale" in a gated community. They basically opened the doors to the house and everything inside was for sale. I got an end table for $30 that still had the $250 price tag on it. And it exactly matched our entertainment center. Score!
Now I'm hooked. I'll be treasure hunting every Saturday morning, schedule permitting, from now on.



I may just have to join you some saturday morning....does Chris go too? I love that wicker chair! What a great find! And the apothecary jar is another awesome find. I would love to find some of those for me too :) The kids have loved the things you have found for them :)
You are welcome to come any time. No, Chris does not go. I want to look in peace! HA!
I agree about musty old things for resale. I rarely go to a garage sale for that reason. I guess it would depend on which neighborhood it was in. For instance, I would probably go to one in Beverly Hills or something. :)
You found some fun treasures!