We had another scare. Last night, after Chris telling both sets of his grandparents and me blasting it to the world on Facebook, I started bleeding again. Red. The Dr said I might because there was a small bleed next to the placenta where it implanted, but he thought it would be brown. I also passed a small clot. Even Chris was really freaked out and he is usually my calm in the midst of a storm.
So although we knew they couldn't do a thing, we went to the emergency room. It's not like we would have slept anyways. Baptist West is great, because there is never anyone there. I think there was only 1 person in the back when we got there and no one in the waiting room. We got in right away and were only there for about an hour and half. They took blood and then called the ultrasound tech on call. Which it turns out I have a history with this woman, but that's a story for another day. She was nice last night.
She turned the screen so we couldn't see and said let me look first. But right away she said it's in there and I can see the heart beating. It had grown from yesterday. We measured 7 weeks 1 day on Wednesday and 7 weeks 2 days last night. Heartbeat was 142 bpm. They said my cervix looks closed. They sent me home with no instructions. They did do a HCG test and it was only 57,860 which means it hasn't doubled since a week ago Wednesday.
I talked to my OB Dr. today. He called it a threatened miscarriage. I hate that term. He said that's what any bleeding before 20 weeks is called and it doesn't mean it's going to happen. He wasn't concerned about HCG. Said it didn't mean much once we saw the heartbeat. He offered to do another ultrasound if I wanted. I didn't really see the point, since we had one last night and the bleeding has basically stopped. I know I can't go in and see the baby everyday. I'm going to go in on Tuesday before I leave for San Francisco next Wednesday. I think that will make me feel better. I also asked him about our cruise (we leave on October 14th.) He said being on a boat is more concerning than being in San Francisco, seeing as they have Dr's in California. We'll just have to play things by ear and see what happens over the next couple of weeks. Of course we did not buy trip insurance so we would be out every penny. That's hard to swallow.
I do have a picture of our beautiful baby! Hang in there please - we love you!



Bleeding is always scary! I had another scare last night too, but it has stopped. I will be 15 wks tomorrow and keep praying the baby is doing well and the bleeding goes away, forever!
I hope your little one snuggles in and you will get to see it before you leave for your trip! Have a great weekend!
Ohhhh you poor thing. I dont know any expecting mom who can remain calm during spotting, how could you?! Glad everything was ok, once again and yes it will be a long 9 months, but the best and shortest long 9 months ever. (if that even makes sense)....Enjoy your trip to SF.
Sorry to hear about your scare. Don't you just sit there and think, why can't any of this be normal!? Hope that your next appointment gives you more reassurance. Prayers and good thoughts being sent ya'lls way!
I know how you feel....I cant believe I have made it to 18wks but trust me it hasnt been a cake walk....Like with IVF you had to plan your life around it and that is how this pregnancy has been for me....I finally thought I could go see my brother for family weekend and nope Im on bedrest for bleed and cervix issue....So even though these little bumps keep coming up...slowly but surely you will get further and further along...Just try to take it easy...in the past whether big or small anythime I had a bleed I was put on bedrest....and of course in the end all of this will be worth it but I dont have to tell you that:) Anyways take care