At the ripe old age of 34 my life started over. I'm passionate about cooking and trying new dishes. I dabble in scrapbooking and home decorating, and I have an impressive shoe collection. I love to travel to new places, but Honduras is my favorite. After trying to get and stay pregnant for almost 2 years, we are expecting our first baby May 9th, 5 days after my 38th birthday.



Chris is the most amazing man I've ever known. After "meeting" on match.com, we had our first date December 12, 2007. We were engaged by July and married on October 11, 2008. I would be lost without him. I never knew life could be this good!



Followers

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Beta #3

Not a very interesting blog title, but it gets the job done.

I've been living the last week in a pretty positive upbeat mood most of the time. I've had a few moments, but generally excited. Today I was TERRIFIED they would call and say my hcg didn't go up, or it fell, or it's not high enough. I'm not sure why I set a "goal" for myself, but I kept saying if it's 2500 I'll be happy.

Beta #3 was 4150. WAY more than doubled. The Dr. herself called me, not the nurse. She actually said she was "very happy" with the way things looked. The ultrasound can't come soon enough for me, but it's 2 weeks away. Next week I go for one more blood draw then the next week I will have an ultrasound at the RE's office and go to my regular OB on the same day. Not sure why they do it that way, but if I get to see the baby twice in one day, who am I to complain.

I did go see a perinatalogist and genetic counselor this morning and it was an interesting appointment to say the least. The waiting room was like a redneck convention. Everyone in there reeked of cigarette smoke and it was so frustrating to see all these pregnant women who are "high risk" because of their bad choices. I ended up waiting out in the hall. Mostly because the only chair available when I sat down was next to someone who smelled so strongly of cigarette smoke I almost gagged.

I didn't really care for the genetic counselor. She didn't tell me anything I didn't already know and when I told her I was there because I wanted to test for NK cells she said they wouldn't do any of the treatments anyways. She also gave me a lecture on getting screenings during a "high risk" pregnancy like mine. I didn't really need a lecture this morning.

The Dr was sooo very nice though. I told him what I was looking for and he told me he doesn't test for NK cells anymore, hasn't for 7 years. BUT he said that after what I've been through, he can understand why I would be looking for answers and if I go to the Dr. in Chicago, he will work with her to administer any treatment. English was not his first language so the way he said things was so much funnier than I can describe, but he basically said, you're an intelligent girl, who I am to say no, I haven't walked in your shoes. There was more to it than that and a lot of technical stuff, but that was the gist of it. Then he gave me this giant bear hug. When I went out he was in the lobby passing out candy to the little kids waiting with their Mom's. Such a compassionate man. For now I am putting Chicago on hold and just waiting to see how things progress.

Oh, and I really want to get one of those little baby tickers, but it feels so soon. I would hate to have to take it down.

Posted by Hope

7 comments

  1. Awesome!! I hope those numbers have put your mind to rest somewhat. I'm so happy for you Hope!! You give me hope that some day it will be my turn. I wish you all the best for the remainder of your pregnancy. Yes I can say that now cos you ARE pregnant!! Woo hoo!!

    Oh and thanks for your message on FB. I'm usually only on there on my iPhone and it's too hard to look at photos on it. I will have to check out your photos soon.

     
  2. Michele Says:
  3. I say put up the baby ticker!! Enjoy every day of your pregnancy!

     
  4. Ashlee G. Says:
  5. Put up the baby ticker- I hope you don't choose the floating baby one though... they scare me. :-)

    Congrats on the awesome beta!

     
  6. Krystal Says:
  7. That's an awesome number!! Great news!! It sounds like it's going really well. That was a beta doubling of 38 hours, which is awesome!! I'm praying for you that this is your take home miracle. Best wishes!

     
  8. Unknown Says:
  9. I agree with all of the above! It's time now for your miracle! Enjoy it. You're pregnant!! YAY!! I'll be tuned in to see the results of your ultrasound. So exciting!

     
  10. Jill Says:
  11. Hope, I am soooo very excited for you! I have been praying each night for you and I know so many others are too. I may be as excited for you as you are yourself. Put up the ticker girl! It's time! xoxox

     
  12. Anonymous Says:
  13. OMG, congratulations! It's so exciting! I'm so happy for you!
    You know, I feel the same way - I'm 14 weeks along adn I still don't feel right putting up a ticker, either!

     

Post a Comment

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

TTC #2

April 2012 - Back to RE, Bloodwork is good, order drugs from overseas

May 2012 - Uncle Robert dies, have to be in Memphis when cycle starts, postponed until next month

June 2012 - Cycle day one - wrong - cyst on right ovary, put on BC to calm ovaries

July 2012 - Ovulated through the birth control, tyring old fashion way, did PIO and heparin shots, BFN

August 2012 - 150 U.I. Follistim 1x/day, only 1 egg, cancel Ganirelix, go ahead with IUI #1, 22 million sperm post wash, heparin & PIO injections - BFN

September 2012 - Skipping a month, couldn't get the drugs in time for the start of my cycle

October 2012 - 225 U.I. Follisitm 2x/day, Ganirelix, 3 mature follicles, IUI #2, 22 million sperm post wash, PIO and heparin injections - BFP

November 2nd - 1st beta, not good - 9

November 5th - 2nd beta - 3, chemical pregnancy

November 2012 - 2 weeks BC

December 2012 - 225 UI Follistim 2x/day, Ganirelix, 3 mature follicles, IUI #3, 18 million sperm post wash, doxycycline, PIO and heparin injections,

December 19th - BFN

January 2013- 2 weeks BC, 150 IU Bravelle 2x/day, Ganirelix, 2 mature follicles, IUI #4, 20 million sperm post wash, doxycycline, PIO and heparin injections - BFP!

January 29th - 1st beta - 42

January 31st - 2nd beta - 43, not good

February 4th - 3rd beta - 320! What? Maybe this is going to happen after all!

February 7th - 4th beta - 1196, RE says I have graduated to OB!

February 13th - 1 beautiful baby, saw the heartbeat, too early to hear it, measuring exactly 6 weeks

February 22nd - Heard heartbeat!!! Measuring perfectly at 7 weeks 3 days, Due date - 10/8/13

April 25th - It's another girl!!!!!

TTC Journey to #1

October 2008 - Married, never started BC

December 18, 2008 - BFP, second month trying!!

January 2009 - Miscarriage 7w2d

February - April 2009 - trying old fashioned method, no luck

April 2009 - First RE appt. SA:163 million, excellent motility & morphology

May 2009 - HSG all clear, IUI #1 - BFN

June 2009 - 50 mg clomid, IUI #2 - BFN

July 2009 - 50 mg clomid, IUI #3 - BFN

August 2009 - Follow up with RE, says 1% chance of getting pregnant, recommends IVF

September 2009 - I don't believe Dr, decide to go to Chinese Medicine Dr & Acupuncturist

October 2009 - Appointment with CM Dr, orders an expensive, out of pocket hormone test. I go to get records from RE, surely he tested hormones, right? WRONG, never did any basic hormone tests

November 2009 - Appointment with new RE, testosterone level elevated, diagnosed PCOS, 1500 mg Metformin, Birth Control for 1 month

December 2009 - Femara & HCG trigger shot- BFN

January 2010- Femara, HCG trigger shot, scheduled IUI, think I'm ovulating before giving trigger shot, go for Progesterone test, already ovulating, IUI canceled

February 2010 - Femara, Injectibles, trigger, IUI #4 - BFP

March 5th, 2010 - 1st beta - 79

March 8th, 2010 - 2nd beta - 96

March 10th, 2010 - 3rd beta - 99, Diagnosed as chemical pregnancy, never start on my own

March 17th, 2010 - 4th beta - 113, U/S, nothing in uterus, Ectopic, Methotrexate Shot

April 2010 - Tested positive for heterozygous G20210A & MTHFR gene mutations, started baby aspirin and Folgard.

May 2010 - Laparoscopy - tiny bit of stage 1 endo removed from left ovary, drilled right ovary, no blockage found in tubes.

June 2010 - Mixed Cycle - Femara and Bravelle injectibles, trigger shot, 3 good follies, 46 million sperm post wash, IUI #5, Heparin injections - BFN

July 2010 - Femara + Bravell, trigger, 2 follies, 29 million sperm post wash, heparin injections, IUI #6 - BFP

July 27, 2010 - 1st Beta- 29

July 29, 2010 - 2nd Beta - 22 - Chemical Pregnancy

August 2010 - Bravelle, Ganirelix, Trigger, 29 millions sperm post wash, heparin & PIO injections, IUI #7 - BFP

August 30th- 1st Beta - 90

September 1st - 2nd Beta - 209

September 8th - 3rd beta- 4150

September 15th - 4th beta - 29,481

September 20th - 1st Ultrasound - 1 beautiful baby, measuring 6wks6days, heart beating away

November 23rd - It's a GIRL!!!

May 2, 2011 - Quinn Caroline born at 8:25 PM, 7 lbs 14 oz, 20.5 inches

Labels