Seems like the boards have been really quiet the last week or so. I would really like to hear some good news and BFP's. As I'm sure we all would. It used to really bother me when I would see a BFP on some one's blog, but these days it bothers me when I don't see them. I'm not sure if that's progress or not because it's still all about me. I want to see them because if I do then I can feel better that I'll see one on my own HPT one day. One that sticks.
This cycle seems to be dragging. My eggs were "pokey" (Dr's words). Last Sunday I had 6, 3 on each side all around 10mm. Wednesday, lefties were the same size, two 13mm and one 12mm on the right. Friday, no changes on the left, two 14 mm, one 13mm on the right. The Dr. didn't seem too worried since I'm taking Ganirelix to block ovulation. Bravelle was increased to 2 vials twice per day and I triggered last night. It is exciting that I won't have to have any shots for the next 2 days. Not to worry though. I start them back up with heparin on Tuesday.
I'm not sure if I should be worried about this cycle or not. This time the IUI will be on day 15. In the past it has always been day 11 or 12 but my eggs grew faster. Is this good or bad? I've always wondered if my eggs didn't get mature enough and even though they were fertilizing they weren't good quality. But now that they've had more time, they're still not bigger. I hate not knowing what's going on in there. Anyone else ever have slow growing eggs with all injectibles?
I got a big shock this week when I ordered my meds for next month. I was told that I don't have a drug limit. I do indeed have a limit and I've already exceeded it. The cost for next month's meds would have been $3700. WHOA. I know I can order them from overseas for less, but it still changes things in a big way. Luckily I still have about 40 vials, I've just been ordering ahead so I never got in a position where I ran out. Now we need to think very carefully about how we're going to proceed each cycle since we're now paying for the IUI AND the drugs to the tune of about $1400 a pop.
I did make an appointment with a reproductive immunologist for mid September. You have to go to their office for the first appointment, but after that they'll work with your local RE. However, I found out my Dr. won't work with them because she thinks it's "bad medicine". So if they do find anything and we want to pursue the treatments, I'll be searching for a new Dr.
So for now, I'm trying to "relax" and just count down the days until we leave for our cruise. Which just happens to be exactly 2 months from today. I really hope I have good news before we go.



Oh I am so jealous of your Cruise...I love Cruisin:) I have been on 3 but have not been in like 3years....My sis and my bff are going in October for a girls cruise....of course they invited me but Im way to scared to go...I could just imagine me high risk pregnancy stuck on a ship with pregnancy complications no way....Im glad you made an apt with an RI....I really dont like when RE say it is bad medicine because once IVF wasnt so acceptable but now it is...same thing will happe with RI's I believe...I mean Dr. Kwak helps woment who are worst case scenerio and they stay and become pregnant...how is that bad medicine....anyways best of luck on your cycle:)))
Good luck with your IUI cycle! Hopefully we'll see that BFP on your blog shortly! :-) Enjoy your cruise! So jealous!
ICLW#10