Thank you all for the lovely comments and support during this time. Some days I feel like I'm going to lose it. Having bloggy friends helps keep me sane. I'm somewhat better today but Friday and the weekend were pretty bad. The bitterness in me runs deep and I don't know if it will ever go away. It was so bad that I lost my temper with my husband, which I NEVER do. We decided a long time ago that we refuse to fight. That was before IF.
So today is cycle day 1 and I go in tomorrow for my base line ultrasound and bloodwork. On Friday, I placed a call to the Dr's office and left a message that I wanted to speak to the DOC (not the nurse) on why an all injectible cycle is going to make a difference. I need to hear some medical advice/opinion as to why that would keep me from miscarrying again or having another chemical pregnancy. I know there are no guarantees, but I need a good solid reason to keep trying. Because I didn't think I could go through a third loss, much a less another one after this.
But the Dr. didn't call, the nurse did. And she kinda acted like I couldn't talk to the Dr. The only answer I got was the Dr. thinks I have implantation problems and all injectibles will help with implantation by my making my lining fluffier. Of course, Dr. Google has no information on this whatsoever. I'm sure part of that is because very few people get to this point, so they are no message boards that discuss it.
Also, every time I have an appointment, I have questions (I save them up and write them down) but sometimes I feel like cattle being rushed through the office. Don't get me wrong. I love my Dr. and the girls in her office, they have all been wonderful. But sometimes I need more information. Am I being unreasonable here? Is it to much to ask to want to speak with the Dr? To know why I should keep going? And does anyone know anything about the advantages of an all injectible cycle and how this will help the pregnancy implant? Hopefully I will get more answers from the Dr. tomorrow and I'm hoping it brings me some peace. I don't want to give up on having it myself, but this time next summer I want a BABY. I don't want to be trying to figure out how to get one.



Nope not unreasonable at all to want to speak to your Dr about your health issues. Also you shouldn't feel rushed during an appt. Maybe when you go to see him/her next, inform the receptionist that you're going to need a longer than normal appt.
x
Hi - so glad you found my blog and glad I've found yours! So very sorry to hear about this latest loss. I think you do deserve to be able to talk to your doctor about the next round's plans. I'm not quite sure I understand what 'all injectibles' means either except that my first two rounds of IVF (neither of which made it to transfer) were all injectible drugs. My 3rd one, which finally made it to transfer (but with only 4 follicles and 3 mature eggs out of those) combined Clomid with FSH (Gonal-f) and Ganirelix. So, maybe that's not an 'all injectible' protocol? Anyhow, I'd make an appointment to see your doc to discuss. p.s. too funny - I met my husband on match too! ;-)
Oh, Hope, I was so praying for this one to be a go! Your doctor should be wanting to spend time with you and ease you thru this process, so you are not being unreasonable at all. The only advice I have is to trust God. He can help you thru abything. Love you and still praying. Pat
I hope your RE gave you some answers. From what I've been told Clomid and Femara can thin your lining because of how those drugs react on the pituitary. These class of drugs trick your brain into thinking that you don't have enough estrogen so that you make more. The complication is that when your brain thinks it's in menopause your lining becomes thin because women in menopause have fewer and lighter periods. So it's a double edge sword. You get more follicles but poorer lining. Lots of couples have success but for some they need more 'fluff' to their lining.
Injectibles work differently because they do not effect the pituitary as it is straight FSH so it just augments the natural FSH that your body makes i.e., more FSH = more eggs. Your estrogen goes up naturally and so does your lining.
For myself, on clomid I was lucky to get a lining of 7 (and 8 is ideal) but on injectables I was between 10-13. For my medicaided cycles, injectables has been the only way I've gotten pregnant (haven't kept any but that's a different story). So maybe it will help!
Your RE should make the time to meet with you to answer all your questions. The first RE office I went to, I felt like cattle being rushed through. I ended up switching RE's because they were herding patients through.
Good luck with your appt. Bring your questions and when the dr comes in, just pull it out and start asking away!
As you probably already know, I don't know much about IUI and injectibles, but I just wanted to wish you all the best for this cycle. Hopefully this is it!
Kim
Hi Hope this is my first visit to your blog...saw your post on Kelly's page and Im Kristi the girl who a few people mentioned in post's to Kelly...I have had four losses in the past year...one IVF cycle that ended in a chemical loss....then a natural pregnancy that ended abt 7wks...then a FET that ended in chemical...and last one was another natural that ended about 8wks....both the natural I had D&E but came back normal.....It was discovered that I had clotting disorders with my first loss so I do Lovenox but it wasnt until our fourth loss that my OB/Gyn said she thought I had immune issues....so I made and apt with a Reproductive Immuniologist in Chicago IL and of course I had elevated NK cells and Imbalance TH1/TH2 cytokine levels....along with poor blood flow to my uterus...so we did another IVF cycle with full Immune tx/clotting tx in May and I am now almost 11 weeks prego....I started blogging at the start of my IVF cycle....I just stress never stop advocating for yourself because if you dont no one will....and keep pushing issues you want answers to and if you dont get them then you need to move on to another office that will listen to you.....It took me a while o come up with our team but I am confident in my care now....I will admit I still ask/question things but you should:) If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask:) my email is kklendworth@yahoo.com or you can go to my blog....Best wishes to you and your hubby:)
When we were going through all the fertility treatments, we had actually been going for 2.5 years and I go to get in the elevator and my dr was on the elevator and looked directly at me and asked which floor.....I explained that I had been his patient for 2 .5 years straight and that I was there to see him. It was nuts. We spent a lot more time with the nurses and nurse practioner. Luckily when we did our IVF retreival and transfer, his partner was the one on call those days...thank goodness. The only other time I talked to "my" doctor, was when they found the hematoma attached to my placenta once we were pregnant. He told me I was going to miscarry and to take it easy and not stress. Wasn't the best experience with this doctor. Luckily, things turned out okay for us and I we were able to leave the fertility office and go to the OB. But it was crazy, they would never let us talk to the doctor, only nurses.