Chris & I had a great trip to southern Mississippi for a little R&R and to visit with his grandparents who live in an assisted living home. I'm constantly complaining that everywhere I go people are pregnant, but it never occurred to me that I would run into them at the nursing home. I felt relatively safe going in. As it turns out, one of grandpa's nurses is pregnant. With her 3rd child, all with different fathers (and this guy isn't even around anymore), with a baby she didn't plan for or really want. That was hard to see and be around.
Sometimes I really struggle with the unfairness of the world. We are completely in love. We can afford children. We have a lovely house with 3 empty bedrooms and 2 empty rooms that can be playrooms. We have insurance. We can afford to save money for college. I can quit my job to be with them, but if I don't we're surrounded by family and friends who are willing to help so they would never have to go to daycare.
But we can't get pregnant and stay pregnant. A good friend joked that we need to get fired from out jobs, have our house foreclosed on, and get divorced and THEN we would get pregnant. I'm beginning to think she's right, but I'm not willing to try that strategy. YET.
We're actually almost halfway through this cycle. AF arrived while we were on vacation and I started the Femara last Sunday and did my first Bravelle injection yesterday. Had the ultrasound Friday and we saw two really good eggs (14mm) and one that might be big enough in time. We go tomorrow morning for another ultrasound and the Dr is thinking we will trigger tomorrow night and the IUI will be Tuesday morning.
This is the last IUI insurance will pay for. However, I found out that means the insemination only, drugs would still be covered. I realized yesterday how lucky I really am. There was a couple in the Dr's office that was talking to the receptionist about ordering their first injectible cycle. It's $600 for a 1 month supply of Bravelle. With my insurance, a 3 month supply is $40. That's it. When I do get pregnant I am definitely going to donate any left over drugs to my RE's office for couple's with no insurance coverage.
Well that's enough whining for one day. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
P.S. Why does "injectible" not show up with any suggestions in spell check? Is it that unique of a word?



Haha, I thought you were going to say a 80 year old woman was pregnant. Which is ironic because I saw a tv a show about a 70 year old pregnant woman. WTF.
I try to shield myself from pregnant related situations. But tonight I was caught off guard. I was babysitting and watching Yo Gabba Gabba. Total episode about babies! Which then caused the little girl I was watching to ask me when I was going to have a baby in my tummy.
Then, tonight at Wal-Mart for a last minute grocery run I saw so many pregnant teenagers, why them?!
Have a great weekend! Thanks for letting me whine with you!
I understand the feeling that everyone around you is pregnant, I used to hate that. I had given up hope, we were one of those couples that could not afford any type of fertility treatment, while we both had good jobs and insurance etc it was just something we could not afford. Good luck on this cycle I will send some baby dust your way!
Thanks for the comment (and compliment) on my blog! :) Luckily (well, that's questionable...) for me, my large chest allows me to wear strapless like nobody's business. That being said, I'd happily trade down for a smaller chest and a future full of non-strapless dresses ;-)
I am also a 38F/G, and girl -- you'd better BELIEVE I wear a bra everywhere I go! I laughed at your comment, because it's nice to hear someone else say "I absolutely have to wear a bra all-the-time." My friends don't understand this. When it comes to things like bridesmaid dresses, etc., they're like, "Well, just don't wear a bra!" Yeah right. If only. Oh well :)
Hi, new reader here! You're VERY lucky to have insurance that covers that stuff! Mine covered exactly zero dollars out of three years of treatment up to and including IUI's!
I look forward to following you on your exciting journey!
We had the same thing with insurance - they paid for three IUI's. We used those up and 1 IVF. We couldn't do our 2nd IVF due to timing, so did our first IUI cycle on our own. We couldn't have done it except insurance still paid for the drugs, ultrasounds and Troy's part (the wash and preparation).
I don't know if I just notice pregnant women more often in the summer, but it seems like every grocery store, every Walmart, every business I go to is full of them!
Here from ICLW (#91) and I gotta say, I hope I'm going to your clinic when you donate your leftover meds b/c you got your BFP!! My insurance covers NOTHING for IF...so incredibly frustrating. I hope you get your BFP soon!
Hi Hope!
Best of luck with this cycle. Fingers crossed that you will have your sticky BFP very soon!
I've always known that "life's not fair", but IF struggles have really put that in perspective for me.
Happy ICWL Week!
Injectables never shows up in my spell checker either. I so know what you mean about their being pregnant women every where I go. It's nuts. I hope this cycle continues to go well.
Hi! Really liking ICLW...;) I hope this cycle is it for you! Good luck!
ICLW#40
Argh, I would not have handled the pregnant woman who has three kids by different fathers. So not fair!!
Hopeful for you that this month is it <3
ICLW
Totally get you on the "not fair thing". I often look around at everyone else and think why not us? We've paid our dues, we've put in 11 years ttc, surely we deserve some luck?
Hoping you get a few steps closer to motherhood sooner rather than later.
ICLW
#41 http://themissruby.blogspot.com/