October 11, 2008

Ahhh, the wedding. Chris tells me all the time that it was the worst day of our married life. Because everyday since then has been better. Isn’t he the sweetest? We had a very short engagement. No matter what anyone tells you, you don’t need a year to plan a wedding. In less than 3 months, armed with a budget of only $5000, I was able to plan my entire wedding. The flowers, food, wine & beer, cake, the dress, the groom’s suit, the reception decorations, chair rentals, the dance floor, everything, was done within that budget.
I admit that I was very fortunate to be able to borrow from the wedding closet at church and from friends and recent brides. So many wonderful people gave so generously of their time and talents that everything came together perfectly. And if what everyone says is true, they all enjoyed working on it with me. I know I always do, when I help with weddings and other festivities for my friends. So, if you’re on a budget, brainstorm with your peeps and you will be surprised at what you can come up with.
Since I have so many amazing pictures, there is no way I can post them all at once. But I don’t want anyone to be denied viewing them in all their loveliness (I know, I shouldn’t be so modest). So, I’m going to post them in installments. That way I can participate in the fun over at Kelly's Korner on Fridays. This week’s blog hop is the wedding party and flowers, so that’s where I’m going to start. I happen to think I have one of the “cutest” wedding parties ever! Don’t you agree?
I had to share this picture of my sister trying to dress my niece. Look
closely and you can see that she is holding up 2 fingers. She had to
resort to counting to get that dress on Lulu!

The beautiful kissing balls the little girls carried.


The beautiful kissing balls the little girls carried.
I don't know why they are called that, but I love the name.

We did have some adults in our wedding. My sister was the matron of
honor and the best man was a friend of Chris' from college. Sorry guys,
you're not quite as cute as the kids, so they get more pics!
Fred thought he was so funny. It's hard to see, but he's giving Chris bunny ears.

honor and the best man was a friend of Chris' from college. Sorry guys,
you're not quite as cute as the kids, so they get more pics!

Fred thought he was so funny. It's hard to see, but he's giving Chris bunny ears.

Someone didn't want to be left out!

The site of the ceremony. I grew the asparagus ferns that were on the tiki torches (which I bought at Walmart for $5 each.)
I also grew these little pots of grass after spray painting clay pots brown & turquoise. We used them on some of the tables and on the dance floor. I was afraid they weren't going to grow, then the day before the wedding they starting looking so good that Chris even said they might need a haircut!
Again, thanks to Morgan for such an amazing record of our special day!
* Disclaimer.......my sister wants me to be sure and point out that Flo, Fred & Lulu are NOT the names she gave her children. Aunt Hope has come up with those lovely names herself!






I am so glad that you clarified that I didn't give those names to my children, no offense intended if you happen to be a Flo, Fred or Lulu and are reading this blog :) That was one of the cutest wedding parties ever....and I think they wedding turned out gorgeous! You would never know it only cost $5K.
We were only engaged for 3 months too! :)