All in 2 weeks.
The surgery went well. No one threw up in the recovery room. I did have a panic attack when I woke up. I could hear the woman right next to me snoring and the nurse came in and asked me if I was in pain. I said no, I'm having a panic attack and I'm leaving. They didn't want me to leave, but they finally took out my IV, gave me my cracker and let me go to the bathroom. They have probably never seen anyone leave recovery so fast in their entire careers.
I had a very small amount of Stage 1 endo on my left ovary which the Dr. was able to remove with the laser. My tubes were all clear. She did drill my right ovary. It's my understanding drilling improves hormone levels. She told Chris after the surgery that I was "uber" fertile for the next 3 months. Really? Me? A fertile? I love being called that. I really had no pain at all from the surgery itself. The worst part was a blister from the tape that covered my entire stomach.
Friday night my back started hurting. By Monday I could barely walk my back hurt so bad. I went to the chiropractor and he took an Xray and an old back injury has flared up and is pinching a nerve. My right kidney was also inflamed, but they weren't concerned about that. He said it was probably from being slung around on the tables during surgery and laying flat on my back and my RE agreed. It took until Wednesday before I had any pain relief and even now my right leg is still kind of numb. But the chiro said it would take a while to get everything back in alignment. I have exercises to do at home, and I will be going for adjustments and "therapy" (massage! paid for by insurance! woohoo!) a couple of times a week for a while.
The week after surgery, Chris had a continuing education class in Nashville, we had a rehearsal dinner in Lebanon, we spent Friday night at the lake house, and Saturday we went to Evins Mill in Smithville for a wedding where I was the matron of honor. The wedding was gorgeous and deserves it's own post. I will try to do that when I get back home.
Right now I'm in Fredericksburg, Va. I found out a week ago Friday that Sunday after the wedding I had to fly to Richmond, then drive to Fredericksburg for a training class. The first thing I said when they told me we had to travel was "I'm not going if I'm ovulating!!!" I decided to go ahead and come to this week's training (it didn't fall during ovulation) so it's over with and we can focus on the next cycle without worrying about it falling during a training week.
As far as business trips go, it's been a very good trip. We're staying in downtown Fredericksburg which is a really neat place. I've been going out to dinner at fancy bistro's with Annette, who used to be my boss. It's nice to be taken out to dinner every night and have someone else pay. The food has been phenomenal, but I can't wait to get home Friday and see my hubby and I'm looking forward to the summer and my next cycle starting. I'm ready to get down to some serious baby making.



0 comments